Top 4 Tips for Improving Focus Power!

Improving Concentration Levels Exponentially

Most of the time, when students like me, sit down to study for 6 Hours + in a day but realize later that they got less output as we planned.
Sounds familiar? Hop right into it.

Daily Motivation - "Tragedy comes to those, who have the personality to overcome it."

This Corona situation has changed what "Normal" was few months back. Stuck in quarantine, We students hace faced a serious challenge. Challenge that are we ready to utilize this Gold-mine of time or Wasting it for watching couple of Netflix shows.

The Input-Output Ratio (as defined by Akshat Kaushik) is the efficiency you know you had in a day. By efficiency I mean Productivity.
Studying 14 hours of just sitting with a book a day won't be any better than Studying for 6 hours effectively. We can't afford to be distracted in the main study hours.

Focus, concentration



But, Dhruv, 

How do I maintain that required Concentration levels?

Before answering that I should make this clear that whatever I'm gonna tell you is the condensed version of many books and interview videos of topper. Just for you to know that I'm not writing random shit.

(1) Prioritize 

The biggest driving force will always be to remember Why do you need to study hard in the first place. 
Let's take an example of an engineering student (say Rohit). 
Rohit doesn't study hard for JEE exams. He doesn't get a good college. Now if he wants to get a good placement, He would need to work hard for the next 4 years of his college.
Imagine yourself as Rohit now, Do you want to study now for 2 years or waste those precious "college life" years?

(2) Music 

If you are doing Physics or Maths, turning on music at medium volume may boost your concentration levels.
It applies in most cases, but can vary person to person .

Read this if you want details.



(3) Taking Naps

I call them PowerNaps. Naps for maximum an hour, not more than that. This is aimed for clearing the saturation that gas built up in your brain. When you will wake up, you will be thrice as motivated and energetic.

I'll add an additional point to this in Bonus Tip.

(4) Using the Breaks better 

Breaks you take between the sessions of your studying, influences how effectively you'll study in the next session.

  • Naps
  • Hobbies (I play Tabla or I blog)
  • Avoiding phone
  • Family time
  • Shower
  • Stand-up comedy
And like me, your break time should be defined. If you have decided to take a break of an hour, you should be back to study at the moment it ends. It should not overlap with study time.
This I my break right now, that's why I'm blogging. I'll go back to study as soon as it ends.

Bonus Tip

Sleep for about 6-7 hours at night and include 1 Powernap in afternoon.


That's it for this one, guys.

Please SHARE with you friends.

COMMENT to show your love.

Peace out.





Comments

Post a Comment

Must Read

Study Breaks - What, Why, When and How