Study Breaks - What, Why, When and How

Study Breaks - What, Why, When and How


What is a Study Break? Why is a Study Break important? What to do in a Study break? How long should be my study break?

If at least one of these questions ever came in your mind, you are at the correct place. Sit back, and hop right into this.



Study



What is a Study Break? 

As the name suggests, Study Break refers to the phenomenon of withdrawing one's personal attention from his/her educational syllabus. 

Or, in simple words, it is taking breaks from studies.(lol)

It is a short time period (usually between two long study breaks) where you can relax/chill out and prevent mental exhaustion or 'burnout'.

Why should I take Study Breaks?

To prevent mental exhaustion and total burnouts.

I experienced first hand how NOT taking any breaks at work hurt my productivity.

I was working long days, non-stop.

But when I looked at what I actually got done… The effort and time I put in didn’t seem to justify the work I got done.

Why was I so “unproductive”?

As it turns out, I wasn’t giving my brain the time to rest that it needs.


When to take breaks from studies?



THE GOLDEN RULE :- "5:1 rule"



Let me explain.

This means for every 5 units (of time) you study, you are allowed to have 1 unit of break. So, for every 2.5 hours of studies, you are allowed to take 30 minutes of break.

This method is both scientifically proved and Dhruv-ically proved (My name is Dhruv, lame joke). 
Personally speaking, following this rule religiously has done wonders with my productivity and efficiency. This Rule allows you to get ample rest (in order for you not to get burned out) and still attain superior productivity.

 If you want to learn how to smarten up your schedule quickly, Click here.






How long a study break should be?


Apply the GOLDEN RULE.

But we should not forget that everyone is different. That simply and directly indicates that You will have think and work out YOU OWN RULE depending on the personality.

 Ideal length of one's Study Break (and the study sessions) WILL VARY from person to person.

Type of personalities:-


  • Sprinter:- Small study sessions, small breaks.

  • Marathoner:- Large Study sessions, medium sized breaks.

  • Night Owl:- Studies all night, with minimal breaks.

  • Early Bird:- Studies during the daytime, with required number of breaks.


This can be cross-checked scientifically, Click here.

If you want to know which one is better, NIGHT OWL or EARLY BIRD. Click here.

That's it for today guys, hopefully you'll take something positive from this and enhance your productivity.






Comments

Post a Comment

Must Read

Top 4 Tips for Improving Focus Power!