How did I score 650+ in NEET 2021?

 HOW DID I SCORE 650+ in NEET 2021?


(How you can too! Just Steal my strategy)




Hi guys, I'm Dhruv Mundhra. I recently attempted the NEET-UG 2021 and did just fine.

I got 651 marks and secured 3902 AIR. 
I secured 2nd position in all over Goa.

I have jotted down some points that I implemented (or wished implemented lol).







 
I made a podcast episode on the same topic. Do check that out too.



I really hope you find some value out of this.



1. Get an edge over everybody else.


16,00,000+ students appeared in NEET-UG in 2021 and this number is likely to increase every year from henceforth. It is a race, a rat race if you like to call it. You have to put in 5% extra efforts that everybody is not likely to put in. And that extra 5% is all that makes the difference from the crowd.

What I did was, I completed my entire organic chemistry portion before my 12th standard started. I bought all the 12th class books in 11th class itself. I also read and highlighted 12th standard's Biology in 11th itself. 

I, personally, think that all this little baby steps I took, gave me a decent headstart.



2. Manage your time properly

The entire 2 year preparation journey is all about who manages their time better. There's limited time, but that is the case for everyone, right? So, what you do with that time, is what makes the difference. 
Cut out the afternoon naps guys. As refreshing as you feel after taking that nap, it doesn't really help. It makes you less efficient. 

 "Short naps generally don't affect nighttime sleep quality for most people. But if you experience insomnia or poor sleep quality at night, napping might worsen these problems. Long or frequent naps might interfere with nighttime sleep." ~ MAYO CLINIC


3. Outwork everyone

The top ranks are empty for those who are the most hungry to grab it. It sounds cliche, but it is true. This perhaps applies to anything in life, right? And the best (or the worst) part is you have to realize it's possible. Sacrifice the time with your friends, time that is wasted in afternoon naps, time on video Games etc. 



4. Give a lot of tests

What are you preparing for? An exam, right? What is NEET-UG? An exam, right? So, giving lots of mock tests makes a lot of sense. Sometimes we are afraid the we might score less than our expectations. But that is exactly the point, THAT IT WILL HURT A LITTLE. Trust me, That's the exact point. As you give more tests, your score will get better (given that you are analysing and learning from your mistakes). My marks in the 1st AIATS in 11th was 482, but eventually I got better and got 651.



5. Sleep is underrated

Okay, I did say Afternoon naps are bad, and I'm sticking to that belief. But, Sleep is very important, and there's emphasise on Very there. Anything below 7 hours of sleep is just like stabbing yourself, and that is because your brain is leaking out information you have studied. Your brain is like a sponge, and information is like water. After studying the entire day, you have soaked the sponge (brain) with water (information). Now, a good night's sleep is like a recharge that empties the brain (sponge) and dries it, so that you are ready for a new day's learnings.

6. Be around competitive people

You are the average of 5 of the best friends you have. So, if those five friends are smart and competitive, you'll also eventually become smart and competitive. And quite ironically and obviously, if your friends are lazy, guess who else is or will be lazy? You.
If you are smart, but you hang out with not-so-goal-oriented people, you won't be exposed to the competition out there. And you'll be in this bubble that you are the best and the smartest around, But you won't be. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.



7. Street-Smartness 

I used to sit in the backbench of my school classes and used to solve my tution's questions or complete my school's incomplete work. You have to use the time that gets wasted on a daily basis on miscellaneous things like bus rides, PE classes, afternoon naps etc. This is gonna be difficult and exerting, but that is the thing which will give you the extra 5% lead over everybody.



8. Adjust your Mindset

You can crack any exam, if you put all your mind and heart into it. You must realize that you have the exact time constraints that AIR 1 has, it all comes down to how bad do you want it? and What are you willing to sacrifice for it? Sleep? Parties? Movies? Video games? It is all upto you. But when these 2 years will be over you will have nothing but pride for yourself.



9. Focusing on school

The syllabus of your school classes and what you  are studying for NEET-UG are similar. So, focusing in school classes and on the school exams will just add a layer to your preparation. NEET-UG is an MCQ based exam, but school exams are subjective, so this will actually test the depth of your preparation. And studying for school exams is one the best excuses to revise old concepts that you might have forgotten.



10. Be ready for tougher exams

Prepare for tougher exams like JEE Mains. Although JEE Mains is very easy, or even easier, it will just test your Physics and Chemistry preparation to the extreme. Also, Appear in both the KVPYs, and try to secure a rank there. I got 93 percentile in my first JEE Mains attempt, it is okay considering the fact that Maths is not really my subjects. I used to sit with friends in the engineering batch of my coaching classes, and solving difficult questions then helped me get 165 in Physics.  



11. Exam-Time Preparation

Due to COVID-19, I couldn't come to the tution centre, and all the exams were online. So, that gave everyone a setback on the real-life exam giving experience. An offline test is very different from an  online test. There is a lot to be taken  account for, like time that goes into filling out the OMR sheet, the huge blunders that can happen while filling out the OMR sheet, etc. So, I went to the centre in my last two months of preparation, and gave all my tests there. And one crazy thing I did was I gave myself only 2 hours and 30 minutes to give any test, so eventually it became a habit. NEET-UG 2021 was lengthy to say the least, many of my friends could not complete the test, but I completed it 15 minutes beforehand.



12. Cardio fitness

Consider this as a Pro-Tip. Everyone in the end few weeks will be anxious and nervous, Blood will be pumping faster and your diet and sleep might get disturbed. so, the pro-tip is to have excellent Cardio-Vascular fitness. I used to do a lot of skipping in the last 3 months, so that my sleep is undisturbed and my health is top-notch.

13. Physics is the most important

Physics is the subject that students are generally afraid of. Fortunately for me, I had an amazing physics teacher, So Physics used to be my favourite subject out of the three. See, in the end everyone will somehow mug up the Biology and Chemistry portion, but what they can't master in few days is Physics.
One of friend had equal score to me in Biology and Chemistry, but 63 marks lesser in Physics.

14. Ask for advice

If you are going through a rough phase regarding your NEET-UG preparation, the wisest thing to do is to ask somebody who had been through what you are going through for advice. Ask me, if you like. Comment down below (lol).


15. Have fun

How to avoid burnouts? This is a big topic of its own. What I did was I used to play a lot of sports in 11th standard, and watched a lot Netflix series, like Vikings (all 6 seasons), Riverdale (All episodes), 13 Reasons Why (all episodes).






That was all from my side. Do give your feedback and if you have any doubts, just comment them below and I'll surely reply.




Check out my Podcast - NOT THAT SIMPLE


Check out my Instagram - SIMPLY INSPIRING

                                         - DHRUV MUNDHRA





Comments

Must Read

Study Breaks - What, Why, When and How

Top 4 Tips for Improving Focus Power!